- Students who have passed intermediate examination (F. Sc/ FA/ A levels or equivalent) with minimum of 45% marks in entire academic career.
- Entry Test and interview organized by the university.
- The students who have BA/ BSc. (2 years) degree can also apply and would be admitted in Semester 5 of BS program as per university rules.
- Both the male and female students are equally encouraged to apply.
- The age limit prescribed by the university calendar would also be applicable for candidates.
- The foundation of pursuing a post-graduate and research degree in Sociology and related disciplines in social sciences such as Anthropology, Criminology, Development Studies, Peace and Conflict Resolution and Gender Studies.
- The enhanced research competitiveness, resulting from a more holistic approach to research planning and development;
- The greater opportunities for innovation in academic program development;
- More strategic and efficient use of resources (Faculty, physical and financial);
- The creation of additional administrative layers.