To be a superior teaching and research institution, having transformative impact on society and acting as a knowledge corridor between Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Pakistan and rest of the World.
MUST is committed to all-encompassing growth of its students, besides enabling them to tap the world of knowledge and assume leadership role in the future through a process of continual innovation in education, research, creativity, technological advancement and entrepreneurship.
Wisdom & Virtue.
Aims and Objectives
For the fulfilment of its mission, MUST aims to achieve the following objectives:
- To provide education of the highest academic quality, rigorous in its demands and distinctive in its character;
- To promote advancement of society through research, creative activity, scholarly inquiry and the development of new knowledge;
- To promote technological knowledge, science and arts for the benefit of state’s economy, serve the citizens through public programmes and provides other public service;
- To achieve academic excellence across a broad range of disciplines through continuous innovation, improvement and expansion;
- To make MUST a center for intellectually demanding and research-oriented education that nurtures independence of mind and critical inquiry, as well as enables students to realise their personal ambitions and contribute to the development of society.
- To create a stimulating and salutary environment for students, faculty and staff, distinguished by unrelenting flinching commitment to high standards and respect for individual;
- To produce the next generation of researchers, scientists, engineers and academics who are capable of shaping public and policy discourse besides grappling with prevailing challenges;
- To develop MUST as a ‘student-centric university’ by establishing student councils, clubs, societies and support programmes.
- To provide students with technologically enhanced learning required for pursuing their professional goals in the modern era;
- To earn widespread recognition and endorsement for MUST through contributions in research, entrepreneurship and policy making.
- To proactively expand academic and research networking at the national and international levels.
- To attract, reward and retain outstanding faculty from diverse backgrounds by creating for them a welcoming and dynamic professional environment;
- To secure long-term financial sustainability and maintain the level of capital investment necessary to achieve all academic objectives;
- To create conspicuous and credible socio-economic impact by rendering long-term services to the society.
- To meet society’s interests, concerns, priorities and aspirations;
- To ensure freedom of thought and expression by promoting respect for the diversity and difference of opinion;
- To promote equality in the university and making it accessible to all segments of the society without discrimination.
- To transform lives for the benefit of society.
- Academic Excellence and Advancement on Merit;
- Fairness and Equality;
- Pluralism and Diversity;
- Outreach and Community-building;
- Inclusiveness and Openness;
- Academic Freedom and Freedom of Thought;
- Ethically Acceptable Standards of Conduct;
- Creativity and Innovation;
- Leadership Development;
- Environmental Sustainability;
- Learner-centric and Personalized Learning;
- Service with Integrity;
- Collegial Environment and Dignity of Labour;