MIRPUR UNIVERSITY OF SCINECE AND TECHNOLOGY (MUST), MIRPUR (AJK)
The establishment of the MUST was directed at providing higher education facilities to the youth of the State including Kashmiri Diaspora. The first 100 days of development of any university is critical and difficult especially when it comes to third world, it is more critical and difficult. In an environment where governments and people are rather demanding and not concerning, development of a university is an uphill task and a great challenging job. Public sector institutions in our country lack ownership of the society. It is requiring the development of the institutions to the satisfaction of the stakeholders. I would like to request you to please do own the MUST and do promote it as it is yours; it is for our future generations.
Accepting the challenge, the administration at the MUST has already sought the approval of the project, worth Rs. 2 billion, for the establishment of the university. The construction work has already been started at the new site of the university near Mirpur.
At present, the university consists of 23 departments and running 56 degree programs including core engineering, natural sciences and important social sciences programmes. We are also planning to introduce more degree programs and other departments on need basis including; Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences; School of Heritage and Tourism (SHT); Institute of Modern Languages (IML); Centre for Continuing Professional Dev. (CCPD); Distance Learning Centre (DLC). We have also allocated six seats in each discipline for the children of overseas Kashmiri, particularly the ‘Mirpuris’ settled in the UK. The overseas Kashmiries may send their children for higher studies in the discipline of their choice at affordable price in a homely and disciplined environment. We, at Mirpur, will make sure your children get education compatible to international standards.
While the MUST administration is making all out efforts for development of the university on fast track basis, the local community and Kashmiri Diaspora are also invited to own the MUST and contribute its might towards the development of the MUST in a considerable way, as we do recognize contributions in a stately and worthwhile manner you would definitely appreciate. You would agree that ‘what else is more rewarding than honoring your parents, sisters and brothers by creating educational facilities in their names? The MUST products have been launched with a view to involving the local community and the Diaspora in the development of their university.
The detail of the University Products is as follows:
- Brick Campaign: You may purchase a brick for Rs. 0.1 (small) and 0.2 million (large). We will recognize your contribution by inscribing on it the name you desire to be and fix it to the purpose built monument for displaying the bricks to honour the contributors.
- Scholarships: You may support the education of a poor student by paying Rs 0.2 million per annum (fee and mess charges) and name the scholarship as you desire for.
- Gold Medals: The University awards gold medal to first position holder of each of the degree programs in the university convocation each year. You may fund gold medal for any of the degree programs for Rs. 1 million for ever. The gold medal will be named after the names of your parents or any person you like for naming the medal.
- Chairs: The University has instituted various chairs. You may purchase any of the chairs for Rs. 2 million per annum and for Rs. 10 million for 20 years and for Rs. 20 million for good. One of the chairs has been instituted on the name of the famous Saint- Poet- Philosopher Main Muhammad Buksh Chair.
- Professorships: The University has instituted the professorships. You may honor your parents by purchasing and naming any of the professorships for Rs. 2 million per annum and for Rs. 10 million for 20 years and for Rs. 20 million for good.
- Parks/ Corners: You are invited to name a corner or a park to be built in the university premises for Rs. 01 million and 05 million, respectively.
- Laboratories (1500 sft)/ Class Rooms( 750 sff): You may name a laboratory or a class room of any of the discipline for Rs. 07 million and Rs. 04 million, respectively (@ Rs. 4200 per sft).
- Main Library (15000 sff)/ Departmental Library (750 sff): You are welcome to name the university library for Rs. 70 million and the departmental library for Rs. 04 million (@ Rs. 4200 per sft).
- Hall/ Hostels (33000 sff): You may get the right of naming a hall or a hostel for about Rs. 150 million (@ Rs. 4200 per sft).
- Departments (40,000 sff): You may get the right of naming a department for Rs. 180 million (@ Rs. 4200 per sft).
- Institutes (50,000 sff): You may get the right of naming an institute for Rs. 250 million (@ Rs. 4200 per sft).
All products and their rates are valid only for the year 2014. The cost mentioned for each of the products is subject to increase of 15 % under rules. You may make payment directly to the firm or allow the university to do the same through committees, comprising members of the civil society, to your satisfaction in a transparent manner. The university shall maintain books of all accounts and consider itself accountable and answerable for all contributions in any case. The university will remain eternally indebted to all contributors and ensure continue honoring and recognizing the valuable contributions. You are not only invited to purchase any of the products yourself but also encourage your friends and relatives to procure the university products and get worthwhile recognition of the contributions.
MUST SOVENORS (UNIVERSITY PRODUCTS)
The following MUST products bearing the University logo and name are also being launched directed at diversifying the financial resources on one hand and on other hand promoting the university:
Cups, Plates Brass and Crystal Glass, Note Books, Pens, Framed Photo and Sceneries, Calendars and Models.