Quality Enhancement Cell Objectives
QEC had been established with objective to develop the mechanism of Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) within Higher Education Institutions (HEI). To achieve this objective, QEC undertakes all the mechanism to establish, sustain, develop, and enhance academic quality. Therefore, most programs of QEC encompass quality assurance standards. Following are few objectives:
Student Focus quality approach:
- To ensure quality culture within the institute.
- To ensure teaching standards such that students are equipped with the ability to link theory with practices.
- Ensure through review programs that the quality and standards of the award of degrees are enhanced and safeguarded for promoting public confidence.
- To ensure that university has practices which are required in the outer world for quality standards, the quality of teaching and learning in each subject area.
- To ensure that university teaching equip students with applied tools required for management, research and commercial activities in today’s highly competitive world.
- To develop qualifications framework by setting out the attributes and abilities that can be expected from the holder of a qualification, i.e., Bachelors, Bachelor with Honors, Master’s, M. Phil., Doctoral.
- To develop program specifications. These are standard set of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific program.
- To ensure that the university’s quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of Higher Education.
Institution Focus quality approach:
- The Director QEC is the member of all statutory bodies such as Department Councils, Faculty Councils, Academic Councils, Syndicate, Senate, the purpose is to observe, ensure and follow the rules to ensure quality.
- QEC also observes the recruitment and selection procedures within the University to ensure impartiality for the sake of quality.
- Director QEC or nominee are member of different committees such as Institutional Scholarship Award Committee (ISAC), for the quality purposes.
- QEC participates and arranges workshops and seminars on quality awareness and sensitization.
- To develop institutional quality, QEC arranges training programs for employees to sensitize and train them about the quality cultures.
- QEC also ensures that these standards not only meet the requirements within the University, but also in affiliated Colleges.
- To ensure high standards of academic program QEC initiates Self-Assessment Reports from teaching departments, the purpose is to develop action plan on the bases of provided feedback by administration and faculty.