Mirpur University Holds 19th Meeting of the University Syndicate
Mirpur University, Vice Chancellor, Brig. (R) Prof. Dr. Muhammad Younis Javed SI(M) presided over the 19th Meeting of the University Syndicate on Friday, August, 05, 2022 at 10:00 hrs in Conference Room of MUST Secretariat Jari Khas.
Vice Chancellor in his opening remarks highlighted important of second highest executive body that exercise general supervision over the affairs and management of the University in accordance of the vested powers.
Vice Chancellor further said objective of the meeting was to discuss prevailing issues of the University, to reach a consensus decision for settlement of the presented matters and to promote cohesion in the University executive.
Prof. Dr. Khazir Ul Haq Registrar MUST / Secretary Syndicate presented Minutes of 18th Meeting of the Syndicate held on March, 03, 2022 & it’s implementation report to the House.
Later Secretary Syndicate presented Agenda Items of 19th Meeting of the Syndicate to the honourable members of the subject meeting for approval / endorsement of the Syndicate. Items included appointments of Chairpersons / Coordinators, Transfer & redesignation of the positions, Mechanism of fuel cost Adjustment, Study leaves extension, Endorsement / Implementation of various HEC notifications, Recommendations for establishment of Departments and various other nature of Administrative matters of the University.
Participants of the Syndicate meeting are as follows :-
1. Brig. (R) Prof. Dr. Muhammad Younis Javed SI (M)Vice Chancellor MUST. (Chairman Syndicate)
2. Prof. Dr. Hassan Mujtaba Jafri, Dean Faculty of Engineering and Technology. (Member)
3. Prof. Dr. Tahseen Ghous, Dean Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities. (Member)
4. Dr. Muhammad khalique, Treasurer MUST. (Member)
5. Mr. Kamran Hameed, Controller of Examinations MUST. (Member)
6. Dr. Muhammad Aslam, Director Quality Enhancement Cells (QEC) (Observer)
7. Dr. Faisal Riaz Director, Offices of Research, Innovation and Commercialization (ORIC) (Observer)
8. Prof. Dr. Khazir Ul Haq, Registrar MUST/ (Secretary Syndicate)
Mr. Muhammad Naveed, Deputy Registrar, Mr. Thair Mehmood, Senior DEO & Dr. Waqas Farid, DEO were the organizers of 19th Syndicate Meeting of the Mirpur University of Science and Technology (MUST), Mirpur.