B.Sc. Computer Systems Engineering
This program is committed to produce young entrepreneur for career in Computer Systems engineering. Computer Systems Engineering covers wide domains such as databases, computer graphics, networking and Artificial Intelligence.
To be among the nation’s premier computer systems engineering departments providing solutions in the field of engineering and emerging technologies to meet national and international socio-economic challenges.
To educate students with broad and in-depth knowledge of emerging technologies in computer systems engineering enabling them to be effective problem solver, entrepreneur and life-long learners to meet technological advancement and career, social and related challenges.
- F. Sc. Pre-Engineering (Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry) with at least 60% marks or ICS (Mathematics, Physics & Computer Science) with at least 60% marks or equivalent qualification with at least 60% marks
- Three Years post metric Diploma of Associate Engineer in relevant field with minimum of 60% (Only against Reserved Seat for DAE’s).
- Entry Test and Interview as per HEC/PEC requirements
- Be able to address real life problems by translating learned engineering knowledge for designing and implementing computing systems.
- Be able to apply in-depth computer systems engineering knowledge to identify and solve technical challenges fulfilling the needs of the society with consideration of the environmental impact and ethical values.
- Be able to lead as an individual or contribute as a team member and continually adapt with the upcoming trends of technology by continuous professional development for meeting individual and societal goals.
MS Computer Systems Engineering
This program prepares students to excel in the filed of Computer Systems Engineering in various subfields including computer networking, communications , computer security and Wireless Networking.
The program ensures that the student will be able to conduct research and world along in a team and maintain lifelong learning.
The program is designed accruing to international standards such as ACM/IEEE Curriculum guidelines in addition , the program was bench marked with the international universities across the world such as University of Glasgow, Queen Mary university of London, UK, California state university, Northridge, USA, king Fahd university of petroleum and minerals. In addition, various recent research concerned with the MSc in Computer Systems Engineering curriculum are used in guidelines with Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan.
- Two years (four semesters).
- Minimum 30 credit hours from graduate Computer (Systems) Engineering courses.
In order to obtain MS (CSE) degree a student must:
- Pass three (3) courses (9 credit hours) from the core courses
- Pass five (5) courses (15 credit hours) from graduate elective courses.
- Satisfactorily complete a Research Project Thesis of 6 credit hours.
- Satisfactory completion of Comprehensive Oral Examination.