Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) of MLT
The overall goal of the program is to prepare graduates with the potential for progression to clinical laboratory scientists and leadership as supervisors, manager, and educators. The primary goals of the program are:
- To provide well-trained medical laboratory technologists to meet hospital and community needs
- To provide sufficient didactic and technical information for the student to understand analytical processes, interpret analytical results and appreciate the clinical significance of analyses performed in a modern clinical laboratory
- To develop in the student, the technical laboratory skills to perform manual and automated procedures with confidence and reliability
- To provide instruction in laboratory instrumentation, quality control and quality assurance, laboratory management, research, and educational methodology
- To provide a stimulating atmosphere to encourage continuing education of clinical laboratory environment
- To have the student achieve passing scores on external certification and licensure examinations
- To develop flexibility to adapt to changing need, new procedures, and new topics in clinical laboratory science practice
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) of S&OTT
The Department of Allied Health Sciences focusses to inculcate the following goals to the students of S&OTT. The graduates of S&OTT will be able to:
- Apply the skills regarding management of operation theatre room to provide benign care to the patients experiencing operational procedures.
- Demonstrate practical knowledge of essential parameters to be upheld during operations.
- Assess the patient with an approach to understand the problem/complication and identify the need to report the complication to the surgeon.
- Demonstrate the skill to plan and report diverse findings/diagnosis associated to treatment.
- Understand the standard operating procedures (SOPs) and protocols for treatment or research work.
- Identify ethical and professional responsibilities related to the care of a patient.
Scope of BS MLT
MLT Graduates will be able analyze and examine blood, urine, body fluids and tissue samples by utilizing cell counters, microscopes, and other lab equipment in public and private hospitals. They can avail opportunities to opt for diverse jobs such as medical technologist, respiratory therapist, medical technician, and pharmacy technician etc.
Scope of BS S&OTT
S&OTT Graduates will be able to start a challenging career in private and public sector testing laboratories, hospitals, and emergency centers. They will find workplace in intensive care units, the operating theatres, and emergency units of hospitals. Furthermore, they will be able to join the field of education, research, and training.